Law Enforcement, Firefighter, and
Emergency Services Award Packages.
Let's recognize those Public Servants in our communities!
Law Enforcement award is awarded to:
Deputy Dexter Bryant of the Natrona Co Sheriff Dept, Sponsored by VFW 9439 of Casper
Firefighter award is awarded to:
Benjamin Jacek of Laramie Co. Fire dept, Cheyenne, WY, Sponsored by VFW 4343 of Cheyenne
Each year, the Veterans of Foreign Wars selects emergency medical technicians, law enforcement and firefighter personnel to receive VFW Public Servant Awards. New this year, the dispatcher category has been added.
VFW National Emergency Medical Technician Public Servant Citation: Any individual, who actively gives emergency medical treatment, provides rescue service or civil disaster assistance as a member of any public or volunteer company organized to give emergency medical care, provide rescue and civil disaster assistance to our nation’s citizens.
VFW National Law Enforcement Public Servant Citation: Any individual who serves in a municipal, county, state or federal unit tasked with enforcement of the laws pertaining to their area of responsibility. This award does not apply to individual employed by private companies or security services.
VFW National Firefighters Public Servant Citation: Any individual who actively fights fires as a member of any public or volunteer company organized to fight fires and give assistance to our nation’s citizens.
VFW National 911 Dispatcher Public Servant Citation: Any individual who serves in a municipal, county, state or federal unit tasked with providing the vital link between callers in distress and emergency response teams by obtaining essential information to send the
appropriate responders to the right location.
Criteria for these awards – Candidates must have demonstrated:
- Recognition by their colleagues or those they serve.
- Consistent excellence in the performance of their duties.
- Consistent dedication to their official responsibilities over a period of years and continuous growth in responsibilities and skills within their profession.
Documentation required for all Candidates:
- Public Servant Award Citation Post Entry Form
- Nomination letter containing the candidate’s name, title, address, telephone and identifying the
- award for which the individual should be considered.
- Include justification outlining background in field, accomplishments and awards.